All goods, products and services supplied by Collectors’ Cabinets Limited are supplied subject to the following terms and conditions:
Definitions and Terms
1. The terms ‘client’ or ‘customer’ or ‘buyer’ shall refer to the person or persons whose name and information appears on the ordering form.
2. The terms ‘seller’ or ‘the company’ shall refer to Collectors’ Cabinets Limited.
3. The terms ‘goods’ or ‘product’ means any goods the seller is to supply as agreed between the contractual parties.
4. Clients will be deemed as commercial or domestic customers according to the discretion of the company.
5. The term ‘order form’ shall refer to the order form signed by the customer to demonstrate their acceptance of the quoted price, as set out at Clause 15.
Application of the Terms and Conditions
6. All quotations and orders will be accepted and processed on the terms outlined herewith. These terms supersede any other terms listed elsewhere, and override and exclude any and all other terms stipulated or referred to by the customer that may arise during dealings or negotiations with the company or agents acting on behalf of the company. All orders and instructions provided by the client will be deemed subject to these terms.
7. The company is under no obligation to accept any order and is under no obligation to provide reason for refusal.
8. Any typographical errors or omissions in sales materials, quotations or any related documents issued by the company shall be subject to correction without any liability on the part of the company.
9. Any brochure, website and other promotional materials distributed by the company are solely for the delivery of the company’s products within the United Kingdom. Enquiries from outside of the United Kingdom will be processed at the company’s discretion.
10. Confidential information or information that could reasonably be considered to be confidential that is disclosed between the customer and the company will be maintained as confidential and not disseminated to any third party without the disclosing party’s prior written consent, save that this shall not apply to any disclosure required by a court, governmental or regulatory authority or where there is a legal duty or requirement to disclose. Any confidential information shared with the company will solely be used for the purpose of carrying out the company’s contractual obligations to the customer.
11. The company shall be entitled to employ agents and subcontractors of the company’s own choosing to enact parts of the company’s contractual commitments to the customer.
12. Any disputes arising between the customer and the company under these terms and conditions shall be determined under English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Payment and Order
13. All prices estimated or quoted exclude VAT unless otherwise stated. VAT will be charged at the rate applicable on the date of the invoice.
14. Prices quoted exclude delivery and installation costs (unless otherwise specified).
15. All quotations for work and products supplied by the company will be valid for a period of 30 (thirty) calendar days, starting from the day the written quotation is provided. The customer shall demonstrate their acceptance of the quotation by signing the order form and providing it to the company prior to the expiry of the 30 (thirty) calendar day period.
16. Work to be carried out by the company and the company’s subcontracting partners is only to be deemed accepted by the company upon receipt of an order form signed by the customer.
17. The quantity and description of the goods shall be as set out in the order form signed by the customer.
18. The buyer shall pay a total non-refundable deposit of 50% of the price agreed with the seller in the order form. This payment shall be due within 7 (seven) calendar days of the customer’s signature of the order form.
19. The buyer shall pay the outstanding balance of 50% of the price agreed with the seller in the order form within 7 (seven) calendar days of the date of the invoice for the completion of the goods. The company shall dispatch the goods to the customer following receipt of the full purchase price agreed with the seller in the order form.
20. Full payment for goods that have been commissioned and for which a signed order form has been provided by the customer shall be due to the company unless otherwise agreed or stated.
21. The company is under no obligation to make modifications or adjustments to the agreed product once the customer has provided a signed order form.
22. The company reserves the right to make changes, without notice to the customer, to the specification of goods which are required to meet applicable safety requirements or other statutory requirements that do not materially affect the specification of the goods.
23. Ownership of the work and products commissioned by the customer will only pass to the buyer upon receipt of the full monies agreed in the order form signed by the customer.
24. The company reserves the right to charge interest on overdue payments at 8% over Bank of England base rate for the duration of the period that monies due to the company are outstanding.
25. The company will not be held liable if performance of the agreed contract is delayed or prevented by any cause whatsoever beyond its control and influence under force majeure conditions including but not limited to war, riots, severe weather conditions, strikes, lockdowns and blackouts.
26. The company is entitled to suspend or cancel work in progress or in delivery to the customer if payments owed to the company are not made on or before the due date. Once an order form has been signed by the buyer, the order cannot be cancelled or returned for credit, and the customer shall pay the full price agreed in the order form.
27. Should the customer cancel an order once it has signed the order form, the contract shall be terminated and the company shall be entitled to retain any amounts paid by the customer.
Delivery, Assembly and Installation
28. The company shall not be held liable for any incorrect measurements provided by the client.
29. The customer must ensure that conditions at the premises where the goods shall be delivered are suitable for delivery and the performance of required installation services. This includes ensuring the premises are clear of obstacles and ensuring that utilities and amenities are made available to the company and its agents without charge, and that all utilities and amenities are in good working order. The customer shall notify the company, in the order form, of any difficulties accessing the premises to which the goods will be delivered.
30. The customer must ensure that items intended for storage or display in the company’s products are in appropriate condition for installation at the time of delivery.
31. Delivery dates stated in the order form represent an estimate only. The seller shall not be held liable for any delay in arranging a suitable date for delivery or installation.
32. Unless otherwise stated, all quotations will be ex works and shall be delivered according to the customer’s instructions to the address stated on the order form. The delivery cost will be provided to the customer in the invoice for the completion of goods referred to in clause 19 The customer shall pay the delivery cost within 7 (seven) calendar days of the date of the invoice for the completion of goods.
33. The company will use third parties for delivery. The customers’ contact details will be shared with these third parties in order to arrange delivery. Delivery costs will be set at haulier/courier standard rates, determined by the weight of the product and the distance for delivery. Receipts can be provided on request for the customer’s records. The customer is invited to nominate an alternative haulier/courier at their discretion. Customers in remote parts of the UK are forewarned that delivery costs are likely to be higher. Surcharge prices will be applied to delivery costs for postcodes where extra charges are incurred.
34. The company will not be held responsible for any damage to the goods caused by the customer’s involvement in unloading or product assembly.
35. Fitting of products will be carried out as quoted in the order form.
36. The company will not be held liable for any damage caused during assembly or installation that is out of its control, including but not limited to wiring exposed during the process of fitting or installation.
37. The company reserves the right to make the delivery of the goods by instalments as necessary and to tender separate invoices in respect of each required instalment.
38. The company may decline to deliver if it is deemed unsafe, unreasonably difficult or unlawful to do so.
39. If no suitable person is present at the customer’s address at the time of an agreed delivery, the company or an agent acting on behalf of the company will attempt to make contact, then leave a note informing the customer how to rearrange delivery. Rearranged deliveries and the ongoing storage of the customer’s goods will incur additional costs.
40. Late delivery of goods will not entitle the buyer to reject the goods, terminate the agreement or withhold any part of the payment agreed in the order form.
41. The company’s total liability for damage to property caused by its negligence is limited to 1,000,000 GBP.
42. The company accepts no liability for damage caused by third-party agents employed on behalf of either the customer or the company.
Property, Risk and Warranty
43. The company will hold ownership in perpetuity of any and all designs, drawings, photographs, prototypes and samples of goods created under commission and/or delivered to the customer. These items of intellectual property may not be reproduced in any form without the prior written consent of the seller.
44. The company guarantees all goods for 12 (twelve) months from receipt of the full purchase price.
a. In each and every case subject to clause 44, the company warrants, for 12 months from the date of payment of the full purchase price, that the goods comply with the description of the commissioned goods on the order form and are free from any material defect at the time of delivery.
b. The company gives no other warranty (and excludes any term or condition that could otherwise be implied) as to the quality of the goods or their fitness for any purpose beyond the display and storage of the intended collectible materials as identified on the order form.
c. All goods must be inspected and approved by the buyer upon delivery, with any defects reported in writing to the company within 48 (forty-eight) hours of receipt of the goods. The company reserves the right to arrange inspection of the goods for any defects reported in writing by the buyer.
d. If, following notification by the customer in accordance with the procedure in clause 44(c), the goods are found to be defective in material or workmanship and the customer has complied with the stated terms and conditions, the company will take responsibility for fixing or replacing the goods (at the company’s discretion).
45. All associated risks and insurance responsibilities will transfer from the company to the customer when the goods enter the buyer’s premises. The buyer is advised to insure the goods and all items to be stored inside the goods.
46. The warranty set out at clause 44 above is subject to the following stipulations.
a. Products may vary from descriptions, photographs and 3D models, owing to the fact that materials (including but not limited to wood) have naturally occurring variations and no liability is accepted arising out of such naturally occurring variations.
b. The customer is obliged to provide detailed and accurate measurements.
c. The customer has complied with any written or verbal instructions relating to aftercare of the goods (i.e. using the correct bulbs or emptying the installed humidifier at regular intervals).
d. The customer must make no attempt to modify, adjust, alter or repair the goods without the assistance of the company or the prior written consent of the company. If the customer has made any modifications, adjustments, alterations or repairs without the prior written consent of the company, the warranty at clause 44 above shall not apply.
47. The company accepts no liability for defects to the goods arising from input materials, accidental damage, wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, or abnormal environmental conditions after installation.